I was listening to this week’s episode of the Jillian Michaels podcast, and Janice was trying to make Jillian feel better about some stuff. She told Jillian to make a list of things she’s grateful for, to remind her that things aren’t all bad.
I was feeling a little stressed today, which is not uncommon, and I thought maybe Janice didn’t have a bad idea. Maybe once a week or so, I should sit down and list some things I’m grateful for. Perhaps Fridays would be a good day to do that. Maybe I can even blog it, and come up with some kind of snappy name. Maybe.
Well, it’s not Friday, but I can still start today. I do what I want.
So without further adieu, I bring you my to-be-named list of things I’m grateful for this week (so far).
- I have new things that make me happy: a kitchen table and the laptop I’m typing on right now. New keyboard! Such an adjustment.
- Work related: I finished all eleven contracts for our next Broadway season, so that’s off my desk.And that;s just nice.
- Easter candy is here and it is delicious.
- There are some moments when all of our pets are behaving. They are few and far between, but they happen.
- Having my nights and weekends back.
- As always, my family and my lovely friends. This is always true, regardless of whether or not I put it on any list. I have some awesome people in my life and will, of course, be forever grateful for them.
Will this be something I keep up? Who knows. But I like it for today.