Good ol’ Jim mailed me two of the tickets he had pre-purchased and left at home last week, so Darren and I made a quick morning jaunt back to the fair this morning. We stopped in the Grandstand as soon as it opened and I bought a thing of JD’s Salsa, you guys. You know what I’m talking about. Salsa samples. Now available at my house.
Here’ what we nommed today:
- Sweet corn blueberry eclair (this was sold out when we tried to get it last week, and I’m glad we went back because it was am-AH-zing)
- maple cream nitro cold press for me (I tried to go back for more, but liiiine), raspberry frappe for D
- corn on the cob
- jalepeno cheese curds x2
- pickle on a stick
- cheese on a stick (it’s wrapped in cornbread and deep fried. uh, yum)
- german root beer float
- deep fried peanut butter cups
- funnel cake (Darren wanted this, then had one bite and decided he wasn’t into it. That shit was six bucks so I brought it home)
Also, we found a little shop called Rock Garden that sells cute garden decor, with tons of fairy garden stuff. We’re both nerdily into the idea of making a tiered fairy garden (this is why we’re married) to put in one of our actual gardens, and Darren bought a cool little door to get it started.
Not bad for a Sunday morning.